Tuesday, March 17, 2015

the challenge begins

Pursuit of an Idea

The Restless Flame is divided into Book I to Book VIII. The Confessions of St. Augustine is divided into BookI to Book XIII.

The author of The Restless Flame has to use his imagination to create the story of St. Augustine especially the conversations between Augustine and his friend, Alypius in Book I.

Book I of The Restless Flame narrated the young life of Augustine and Alypius. Even at that age Augustine showed his strong character and ability to lead. Augustine cheats and steals and laughs about his bad behavior.

Book I of the Confessions reads like a prayer of praise to God and confession of his sins even starting from infancy and  an appeal for forgiveness. 


I finished both Book I of the 2 books. I walked to the river for almost an hour. Last night I experienced painful cramps  on both legs.

No comments:

Post a Comment